Running jobs on a specific node pool
By default, all jobs run on your default node poo.
If you want to run your
runSh job on a specific pool, you can configure this in your shippable.yml. The common reasons for this are:
- Your runSh job is resource intensive, so you want to use a specific node pool which has bigger machines
- You want to run the job on Mac OS, Windows, or CentOS and hence want to select a specific node pool
- You want to run some jobs on a specific pool for security reasons
- Update your shippable.yml as shown below:
jobs: - name: run_on_big_pool type: runSh runtime: nodePool: bigNodePool # Specify your node pool name steps: - TASK: script: - echo "Hello world"
The value for the
nodePool tag above has to exactly match the pool name in your Subscription Settings.
- Commit the changes above to shippable.yml. This will automatically update your existing workflow. If this is a brand new workflow, you can add your config to Shippable by following instructions here.