Working with Integrations
Shippable DevOps Platform uses Integrations to abstract secrets/configs away from the actual DevOps scripts. It is usually used to connect to 3rd party resources likes a gitRepo, cloud providers, store PEM keys and so on. They enable you to
- secure and centralized management of your DevOps secrets
- manage permissions and roles at a project level to control who can use what integrations
- connect your DevOps Assembly to almost any external 3rd party provided services
How to create an Integration?
Since security is built in from the ground up and the platform is designed to separate out sensitive authentication information from your scripts, creating an integration is a two step process.
All Integrations are owned by users who can then allow for projects to use them.
Step 1. Adding an integration to your account
- Click on the gear icon at the right of your top navigation bar to open Account Settings
- Click on Integrations in the left sidebar menu. This will show you a list of your integrations.
- Click on Add integration to add a new integration.
- Select the one you want from the list, complete all fields, and click on Save
- Please note that while creating the integration, you will need to specify which Subscriptions have access to it. This is a very important step and if you miss it, you will not be able to use it in your ymls.
Step 2. Using the integration in your yml
Once an integration is enabled for a Subscription, you can use it in any project in that Subscription with a few lines of yml configuration. Please note that the integration name in your yml should be same as the one configured in your integration.
Adding your integration to additional Subscriptions
If you need to use an integration in additional Subscriptions after it was created, you can add it to the Subscription by following the steps below:
From the Subsciption dropdown menu at the top left of your Dashboard, click on the Subscription you need.
Go to the Settings tab and click on Integrations in the left sidebar.
- Click on the Add integration button
- Name your integration and then in the Account integrations dropdown, select the integration you want to add. To keep it easy, name your integration with the same name as your account integration.
- If you want to restrict usage of the integration to specific projects, choose the Project(s). You can just leave it at All projects to let all projects in the Subscription use it.
- Click on Save. Please note that the name of your integration in your Subscription Settings should be used when referring to this integration in your