Creating Jira issues
You can create Jira issues from your builds and runs page and also attach logs for debugging.
Before you start, you will need to specify your Jira account credentials in a Jira account integration so that Shippable can create tickets in your Jira server on your behalf.
Steps to add a Jira integration:
1. Generate a Jira API token
- Sign in to your Jira account using using your credentials.
- Create an api token from the
Once you have completed the Setup, you will need to create a subscription integration for the Jira account subscription .
You can create Jira issues for your runCI and runSh jobs, for this you need to follow these steps
- Make sure your subscription has access to a Jira integration.
- Go to the console page of your runCI job for which you want to create a Jira issue.
- You will see a
Create issuelink on the Summary page for matrix runCI and on the consoles page for a non-matrix runCI job.
Clicking on that link will open a modal for you. In this modal you will need to input all the required information.
- Subscription integration: select the appropriate Jira subscription integration..
- Project: Select the Jira project from the dropdown for which you want to link your Jira issue.
- Issue type: Select the Jira issue type from the dropdown. Currently we support
- Summary: In the summary section, give a brief summary about your issue.
- Description: In the description section, add the description about your issue.
Attach Console logs: For matrix runCI jobs, you can attachAll,UnsuccessfulorNoneof the logs. For non-matrix runCI and runSh jobs, you can select the checkbox if you want to attach console logs to your Jira ticket.
Click on Save after filling in all the fields. Thereafter, the create issue link will get replaced by a link to your Jira ticket created on your Jira server. Clicking this link will open the ticket in a new tab.
Improve this page
We really appreciate your help in improving our documentation. If you find any problems with this page, please do not hesitate to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org or open a support issue. You can also send us a pull request to the docs repository.