Docker Registry Integration
The Docker Registry Integration is used to connect Shippable DevOps Assembly Lines platform to Docker Hub, Docker Trusted Registry or privately hosted Docker Hub so that you can pull and push Docker images.
Creating an Account Integration
You can add this account integration by following steps on the Adding an account integration page.
Here is the information you need to create this integration:
- Integration type -- Docker Registry
- Name -- choose a friendly name for the integration
- URL -- an optional field which will default to Docker Hub if left empty. To use with Docker Trusted Registry or Docker Private Registry fill with the location of your private registry. Format
- Username -- login to your Docker Registry Account
- Password -- password of your Docker Registry Account
- Email -- email of your Docker Registry Account
Usage in CI
Usage in Assembly Lines
The Docker Registry integration can be used in the following resources:
Default Environment Variables
When you create a resource with this integration, and use it as an
OUT for a
runCI job, a set of environment variables is automatically made available that you can use in your scripts.
<NAME> is the the friendly name of the resource with all letters capitalized and all characters that are not letters, numbers or underscores removed. Any numbers at the beginning of the name are also removed to create a valid variable. For example,
my-key-1 will be converted to
my_key_1 will be converted to
||URL supplied in the integration|
||Username supplied in the integration|
||Password supplied in the integration|
||Email supplied in the integration|
Shippable Utility Functions
The platform also provides a command line utility called
shipctl that can be used to retrieve the values of these environment variables.
The specific function that can be used in the jobs yml is:
shipctl get_integration_resource_field <resource name> <field name>.
Here is a table that provides the mapping from the environment variable to the field name.
|Environment variable||Field Name|
More information on other utility functions is documented here.