Deploying your application
Shippable supports deployments to many endpoints, for both traditional and Docker based applications.
We have put together samples for all common deployment scenarios:
- Amazon ECS
- Docker Datacenter
- Docker Cloud
- Microsoft Azure
- Amazon Elastic Beanstalk (Docker)
Consider the following scenario:
- Your CI job creates a package. This can be a JAR/WAR file or a Docker image.
- Every time the package is updated, a new version of the application manifest is created. The manifest is a versioned immutable unit of deployment for your application.
- The updated manifest version automatically triggers a deployment to your Test environment. Your Test team is notified.
- Once tests are completed and the team signs off on them, the manifest version is automatically deployed to Beta.
- As it passes through several validation steps, the application is deployed into successive environments until it finally reaches production.
The deploy steps are shown in the image below: