To avoid situations where builds hang due to test or build scripts, we will time out your builds in specific scenarios.
By default, your builds will time out if:
- there is no log output or a command hangs for 10 minutes, or
- the build runs for more than 60 minutes for a project in a free subscription
- the build runs for more than 120 minutes for a project on a paid subscription
You can customize the build timeout setting for any enabled project. This setting can be configured to be between 1 - 60 minutes for free subscriptions and 1 - 120 minutes for paid subscriptions.
To customize the timeouts for a project:
- Go to the Settings tab of your project
- Scroll down to the Project Actions section
- Enter a value between 1 and 60 (for free plans) or 120 (for paid plans)
- Click the Save button.
Please note that if you enter a value less than 1 or greater than 60 (for free plans) or 120 (for paid plans), you'll see the error:
(Id: 4005) Custom timeout is greater than the maximum limit of 3600000 milliseconds verbose: projects|putById|callerId:XXXXX|projectId:YYYYYY|_validateTimeout
For further reading, we have a blog on Changing the default timeout for a CI project.
Please let us know if you believe a build is timing out when it shouldn't do so and we will take a look.